To the modern coffee drinker, how and where the coffee is grown is often as important as the coffee itself. Organic coffee is a great solution and a promise of healthier coffee. As the demand for K-cups has increased, so has the number of companies offering organic products. With that in focus, let’s look at the best organic coffee K cups available in 2021.
Top Organic Coffee K-Cups For Your Keurig
- Newman’s Own Organics Keurig Single-Serve K-Cup Pods Newman’s Special Blend
- Caza Trail Coffee, Organic Extra Bold Medium Roast
- Peak Performance High Altitude Organic Coffee
- AmazonFresh Organic Fair Trade K-Cups, Peru Medium Roast
- San Francisco Bay OneCup, Organic Rainforest Blend
- Green Mountain Coffee Fair Trade Organic Sumatran Reserve
- Cameron’s Coffee Single Serve Pods, Organic Breakfast Blend
- Death Wish Coffee and Valhalla Java Single Serve Bundle
- Real Good Coffee Co USDA Certified Organic Dark Roast Coffee K Cups
- beaniac Organic Daily Dose Donut Shop Plant-Based Coffee Pods
- The Organic Coffee Co. OneCup
11 Best Organic Coffee K-Cups
Newman’s Own Organics Special Blend, Single-Serve Keurig K-Cup Pods, Medium Roast Coffee, 72 Count (5000053615)
Organic Coffee Pods – Peak Performance High Altitude Organic Coffee. High Performance Coffee for High Performance Individuals. Fair Trade Organic Beans Medium Roast. Single Serve 24 Coffee Pods, Cups
SF Bay Coffee OneCUP Organic Rainforest Blend 80 Ct Medium Roast Compostable Coffee Pods, K Cup Compatible including Keurig 2.0 (Packaging May Vary)
Green Mountain Coffee Fair Trade Organic Sumatran Reserve, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers 24-Count
DEATH WISH Death Cups and VALHALLA JAVA Odinforce Blend Single-Serve Coffee Pods [10 each | 20 Count] USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade
Real Good Coffee Co Certified Organic Dark Roast Recyclable Coffee Pods, K-Cup Compatible including Keurig 2.0 Brewers, 36 Count
beaniac Organic Daily Dose Donut Shop| Light Roast, Single Serve Coffee K Cup Pods | Rainforest Alliance Certified | 30 Compostable, Plant-Based Coffee Pods | Keurig Brewer Compatible
1. Newman’s Own Organics Keurig Single-Serve K-Cup Pods Newman’s Special Blend
- A hearty, full-bodied blend of medium and dark roasts. bold yet refined. strong, yet smooth
- Medium roast, caffeinated coffee
- Usda certified organic and fair trade certified blend that supports environmental and sustainable
- Certified orthodox union kosher (u)
- Compatible with keurig k-cup pod single-serve coffee makers
- Introducing recyclable* k-cup pods: simple. delicious. and now recyclable. enjoy the same great-taste
Newman’s Special Blend for Keurig single-serve K-cups is one of the best-liked, and featured by Keurig itself. Going beyond the impressive taste, this organic coffee has several interesting certifications. It is certified for USDA organic, fair trade, and kosher.
The medium blend is a mix of medium roast and dark roast coffee beans – with a tilt towards medium roast. Full-bodied and with great aroma, this pretty much exemplifies great organic coffee. The fair trade certification is the cherry on top and adds the element of better farming and business practices in general.
Newman’s Own Organic pods are available in three flavors, each with 100% organic Arabica coffee. Apart from the conventional Special Blend, you can get these as Newman’s French Roast, or the Special Blend Decaf. I may not be a big fan of decaf, but I do find these organic decaf k cups to be pretty hearty.
2. Caza Trail Coffee, Organic Extra Bold Medium Roast
- Caza trail coffee: step into a sensory adventure and discover a fantastic flavor with this medium
- Perfect blend: start your caza trail hunt with carefully picked coffee beans from all over the globe
- On-the-go treat: enjoy a cup of sunshine with our delicious coffee that pairs well with a chocolate-
- Single serve cups: have your senses come alive as you hunt down your favorite flavor with our caza
- Kosher certified: uncover a treasure trove of the finest varieties and aromas from around the world
Caza Trail’s Extra Bold organic coffee is a full-bodied coffee with an impressive taste. The 100% Arabica coffee is made from fair trade certified, USDA organic, and kosher certified beans.
Sourced from Latin America and Indonesia, this bold yet smooth blend is powerful, but with moderate acidity. For that alone, I think it deserves some brownie points. Although to be clear, it could do better with flavor. But I guess that comes as a part of offering great value.
The pods are compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 brewers. Initially, they were compatible with only Keurig 1.0, though it seems the compatibility has now been extended.
3. Peak Performance High Altitude Organic Coffee
- Compatible with all devices - 100% recyclable 24 count coffee pods - fair trade - usda certified organic
- Healthy coffee rule #1) always go organic. why? because conventional coffee is one of the most heavily
- Healthy coffee rule #2) coffee grown at high altitude is better. why? because the higher the altitude
- Healthy coffee rule #3) single origin coffee is better. why? because while "blended" coffee like a "
- Over 400,000 happy customers + 1-for-1 donation to vitamin angels. peak performance is celebrating
Peak Performance looks for coffee beans growing at the peak. To be clear, coffee beans grown at a high altitude are the only ones that make the cut for Peak Performance coffee. The single-sourced, USDA certified organic, and fair trade certified coffee promises a better quality. And it delivers. This is delicious coffee – rich and smooth.
This 100% Arabica coffee is sourced from the Guatemalan Highlands. Keeping in line with their focus on health and quality, Peak Performance coffee is wet processed, This technique makes the bean cleaner before roasting, and increases any fruity flavor present in the beans.
4. AmazonFresh Organic Fair Trade K-Cups, Peru Medium Roast
- Fragrant, medium roast peruvian coffee with a smooth finish
- 80 single serving pods compatible with keurig brewing machines
- Usda organic, fair trade arabica coffee
- Roasted and packed in the u.s.a.
- Satisfaction guarantee: were proud of our products; if you aren't satisfied, well refund you for any
- An amazon brand
AmazonFresh organic coffee walks a fine line between value for money and quality. It does a fairly good job in that direction. Sure it won’t beat the taste of artisan coffee, but then it isn’t supposed to. It is meant to be simple, organic, and easy on the pocket.
The coffee is FairTrade and USDA Organic certified. Made from 100% Arabica beans, the medium-bodied coffee has undertones of brown sugar and chocolate. The medium roast coffee sourced from Peru makes for a fairly decent cup of joe.
If you prefer a dark roast, you can look at the Sumatra coffee variant. It is certified USDA organic and fair trade. These 100% Arabica beans carry spicy undertones and a rich aroma to keep you hooked.
5. San Francisco Bay OneCup, Organic Rainforest Blend
- Organic rainforest blend: this usda certified organic blend is a medium roast full-bodied coffee with
- Keurig compatible: designed for use with k cup style single serve brewers including keurig 2.0. sf
- Eco-friendly, commercially compostable: onecup pods, including the outer bag and one-way coffee
- Packaging: due to the current circumstances and material supplier constraints, the packaging may vary
- Sf bay coffee is a family-owned, american made company with a rich tradition. our reputation reflect
San Francisco Bay OneCup is a beautiful organic blend of coffee sourced from Colombia, Mexico, Guatemala, and Indonesia. USDA certified organic, these K-cups are notable not just for their delicious coffee, but also for the pods they use.
The pods used are compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0, as well as with Cuisinart, Bunn, and other single-serve brewers. I could even imagine them having a fine time with 2-Way brewers. Another good thing about these pods is that they are commercially compostable. So long as you have access to a facility like that, there is no danger of these pods filling up a landfill, or worse, the oceans. Although in truth it isn’t half-good as it sounds, and the compostable part isn’t as impressive.
Coming back to the coffee, the blend sourced from coffee around the world is smooth, full-bodied, and has a lovely aroma. The citrus notes in the coffee add wonderfully to its flavor. It’s great coffee in flavor and freshness. At the very least, this is definitely worth a try.
6. Green Mountain Coffee Fair Trade Organic Sumatran Reserve
- Dark and sultry sweetness
- Dark roast
- Fair trade certified and usda organic
- Orthodox union kosher
- Contains 24 k-cups
- Exotically lush, sweet and heavy-bodied, born in the mountains of indonesia
- Offers a sweet palate of brown sugar and spice notes
- K-cup perfect for keurig single cup brewers
- K-cups also compatible with new keurig 2.0 brewer
Green Mountain coffee is generally well regarded, and for good reason. Most of the offerings from this brand are notable and delicious. Green Mountain Coffee Fair Trade Organic Sumatran Reserve is no exception. With certifications for fair trade, organic, and kosher, this dark roast makes an exciting cup of coffee.
The heavy-bodied coffee has undertones of sweet brown sugar and spicy flavors. A noticeable lack of bitterness works well in favor of this coffee. Green Mountain Coffee K-cups are compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 brewers.
7. Cameron’s Coffee Single Serve Pods, Organic Breakfast Blend
- Quick and easy: six boxes of 12 organic breakfast blend single serve, compostable, coffee pods. came
- Rich and flavorful: an amazing way to start your day! our organic arabica coffees from the best cent
- The future of coffee: were proud to be one of the few north american coffee manufacturers with import
- Better for the earth: camerons pods use a real coffee filter, not a plastic cup. certified compostable
- Works at home or the office: compatible with keurig 2.0 for a great coffee experience.
Cameron’s Coffee single-serve pods offer commercially compostable pods similar to the San Francisco Bay OneCup pods we saw earlier. Do keep in mind, commercially compostable means they’ll need industrial facilities. The pods are not compostable in conventional home facilities.
The USDA certified organic, 100% Arabica coffee is sourced from Central and South America. While the coffee is indeed fresh and flavorful, it certainly feels like it could do better. That shouldn’t necessarily count as a negative, considering the bold and strong brew these pods make.
8. Death Wish Coffee and Valhalla Java Single Serve Bundle
- Gold standard beans: the strong, never-bitter taste in every capsule of this bundle deal is sourced
- Strongest caffeine kick: look forward to energetic days and sleepless nights as each coffee pod ensure
- Fair and organic: both death wish and valhalla java coffee pods are made with only the highest quality
- Compatibility at its best: our coffee pod is easy to use and compatible with most coffee machines.
- Green friendly: you can enjoy this best-selling brewer bundle while being eco-friendly as it is 100%
Death Wish Coffee is the strongest coffee, and indeed, the strongest K-cup coffee you can buy. Included in this pack is Valhalla coffee, a strong coffee, but not as strong as Death Wish. I feel like it’s a good combo. I enjoy a strong cup of coffee, but being hopped up on the caffeine mountain of Death Wish all day is less than ideal. Valhalla is a nice compromise. With both flavors in one set, choosing the right pod is simply more convenient.
The coffee is USDA certified organic and certified for fair trade as well. Capsules used, though plastic, are recyclable. The product listed here is a combo pack with 10 capsules of each flavor. However, if you’re partial towards a particular flavor, you can follow these links for Death Wish and Valhalla Coffee.
If you enjoy strong coffee and haven’t tried these yet, you’re missing out. Being strong isn’t the only virtue of these coffee offerings. Valhalla and Death Wish are both rich and flavorful, with a great aroma.
9. Real Good Coffee Co USDA Certified Organic Dark Roast Coffee K Cups
- Organic coffee pods: a full bodied, single origin coffee these organic coffee pods make an invigorate
- Tasting notes: our organic coffee pods bring together flavors of bell pepper, cedar, and a lemony
- Eco friendly organic coffee pods: usda certified organic coffee beans from sumatra are responsibly
- Count size: contains 36 count organic coffee pods that are packaged together in one box
- Single serve coffee maker compatible: these organic coffee pods are compatible with all single serve
They’re called Real Good Coffee Co, and I’m inclined to take their word for it! The completely recyclable plastic pods are good value for money and offer decent coffee. Certified USDA organic, these 100% Arabica beans are sourced from Sumatra. I’d expect a spicy flavor from the coffee, but the company claims to bring the flavors of bell pepper, cedar, and a lemony acidity.
On that last note, I can agree with their claims. It seems to have somewhat high acidity, though not enough to be troublesome. The full-bodied, dark roast coffee has an inviting aroma, that complements the spicy undertones of the beverage.
10. Beaniac Organic Daily Dose Donut Shop Plant-Based Coffee Pods
Its light roast is a good touch on the beaniac Organic Daily Dose Donut Shop Plant-Based Coffee Pods. The coffee is premium but at very convenient pricing. Plus, it helps that it comes in environmentally-friendly compostable packaging.
Rather than using conventional plastic cups for packaging, these pods use a compostable material synthesized from plants. The pods are commercially compostable, so they can’t go into the home compost bin, but the solution is still way better than plastics.
The coffee used is 100% Arabica and carries USDA Organic and Rainforest Alliance certifications to highlight its sourcing and quality.
11. The Organic Coffee Co. OneCup
- French roast: we blend organic beans from central & south america & roast until the flavor oils rise
- Keurig compatible: designed for use with k cup style single serve brewers including keurig 2.0. the
- Eco-friendly, commercially compostable: onecup pods, including the outer bag and one-way coffee
- Quality coffee: the organic coffee co. uses only 100% arabica coffee and certified usda organic and
- The organic coffee company is a family owned, american made company with a rich tradition. our reputation
The Organic Coffee Co. OneCup is a subsidiary of the Rogers Family Company, which also makes the San Francisco Bay One Cup. As such, some similarities between the two are unavoidable where the coffee and the pods are concerned.
Pods used for the Organic Coffee Co. are the same commercially compostable pods. These include the paper lid, plant-based plastic liner, and filter. Interestingly (according to the instructions on the box) neither the mesh filter nor the lidding is compostable. What you’re left with is the ring, the bag, and the cardboard box.
The pods are compatible for use with Keurig K-Cup 1.0 and 2.0 brewers. They can also be used in other single-serve coffee makers like those from Cuisinart and Bunn.
Coffee is sourced from Central and Latin America. The dark French Roast works wonders for the flavor, and the oils make their presence felt. There are four flavors available. Apart from the French Roast, you can check out Java Love, Gorilla Decaf, and Breakfast Blend.
Why Go Organic?
Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world. Given the popularity and demand, there is an incentive for growers to increase production. To achieve that, some growers may resort to using a variety of chemicals, herbicides, fungicides, fertilizer, and similar products. Some may even put fillers in coffee bags to increase supply.
Similarly, there is a question of hybrid coffee plants. The natural coffee plant prefers to grow in shade. However, growing coffee in a dense forest, or giving up a substantial portion of a coffee estate to grow trees isn’t viable for most growers. The result is that most coffee plants are hybrids. Made to grow in the open and produce berries, these plants end up sacrificing some flavor.
To be clear, this is not a doom and gloom scenario. Most of the times, your coffee isn’t going to be harmful in any way. However, there is a clear problem. The conventional method is not sustainable and risks good coffee.
Organic Coffee K Cups Are Better
In going organic, the coffee growers work towards better standards and quality of their crop. It isn’t just coffee free of chemicals like pesticides, but also coffee is grown in a natural way. With the focus moved to sustainability, organic K cups make an effort to be more responsible and sustainable.
This approach becomes apparent with an increase in biodegradable k cups. Popular as they are, the ugly side of K-Cups is the mountains of plastic they add to the landfill. Biodegradable options are infinitely better for the environment. Some would also consider organic to be synonymous with healthy k cups. Considering the lack of external chemicals, these claims towards healthier coffee may very well be true.
Checking for proper certifications is important rather than taking claims by sellers at face value. USDA Organic label is a pretty good indicator. If I am going to pay a premium for a better coffee, I might as well be sure it’s worth it!
Ideal Organic Coffee For Your K-Cup
Those of us who enjoy organic coffee know that there’s a lot of gimmicking going around. Finding the best organic coffee K cup has to go beyond marketing claims with a closer look at certifications and authenticity. The products listed here have been curated in the hopes of their being useful for your search for that delicious cup of joe.