Strong coffee is where the action’s at. Sure I can appreciate the coffee from the regular K-cups, but strong coffee is pretty much irreplaceable. Thus, I find myself on the lookout for the strongest K cup coffee.
Something that can knock the socks right off to bring a whole new view. I can pretty much imagine myself shouting “more power” like Tim Allen.
Hopefully, with better chances at succeeding than Tim’s “Home Improvement” character.
Editor’s Pick: Best Option Overall
Our recommendation is DEATH WISH Death Cups [20 Count] Single Serve Coffee Pods. These are billed as the world’s strongest K-cup coffee. After checking them out ourselves, we’d agree.
Bulk Option: Best Value Per Pod
The Wake The Hell Up! Dark Roast Single Serve Capsules are a great option because you can buy them in bulk. They cost more up front, but will save you in the long run because they are cheaper per pod.
10 Strongest K Cup Coffee Offerings Reviewed
Below you will find 10 high caffeine K cups to try in 2021.
Before You Buy K Cups check their compatibility with your Keurig coffee machine. Not all K-cups and machines are compatible!
DEATH WISH Death Cups [20 Count] Single Serve Coffee Pods, World’s Strongest Coffee, Dark Roast Capsules, For Capsule Cup Brewers, USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade, Arabica and Robusta Beans
Wake The Hell Up! Dark Roast Single Serve Capsules | Ultra-Caffeinated Coffee For K-Cup Compatible Brewers | 12 Count, 2.0 Compatible Pods | Perfect Balance of Higher Caffeine & Great Flavor.
World’s Strongest Coffee Single Serve Capsules for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 12 Count – Our Best Medium Dark Roast super strong k cups for Keurig 1.0 and 2.0
Glorybrew – The Noble Extra Dark Roast – 36 Capsules 100% Compostable Coffee Pods for Keurig K Cup Brewers – Rainforest Alliance Certified | Better than Recyclable and Biodegradable
Hardcore Coffee Single Serve Pods for Keurig K Cup Brewers High Caffeine, Strong Organic, Dark Roast, 10 Count
GLORYBREW – The Knight Dark Roast – 72 Count 100% Compostable Coffee Pods for Keurig K-Cup Coffee Brewers – Rainforest Alliance Certified – Dark Roast | Better than Biodegradable Coffee Pods
illy Forte K Cup Coffee Pod, Bold and Intense, Extra Dark Roast Coffee K-Cups, Made with 100% Arabica Coffee, All-Natural, No Preservatives, Coffee Pods for Keurig Coffee Machines, 10 Count
1. Death Wish K Cups
- Worlds strongest coffee: death cups are packed with our signature dark-roasted death wish coffee tha
- Easy compatibility: death wish coffee pods are easy to use and compatible with keurig 1.0, keurig 2.
- Bold flavor: immerse yourself in a smooth, subtle, never bitter cherry and chocolate flavor profile
- Fair and organic: every single serve of death wish coffee is bursting with fair trade, usda certifie
- Death cup design: our rigid single-use death cup capsule design is built to hold our best-selling co
Death Wish Coffee has made its name as one of the strongest coffees available. No wonder that Death Wish K cups figure on this list. The brand claims to be the most potent coffee available. According to the company, their coffee has about four times more caffeine than regular coffee. And I’m pretty sure these claims aren’t far from the truth. Death Wish offers the best high caffeine k cups, where numbers are concerned.
These pods are compatible with Keurig 2.0 Brewers. Death Wish has an abundance of positive reviews for delivering what it promises. Adding to the awesomeness of the “World’s Strongest Coffee” is the fact that it is Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic. Their risk-free trial offer is good enough to encourage coffee aficionados to try this coffee at least once.
It’s not just the solid caffeine kick that works in its favor. Death Wish is rich and flavorful and makes a delicious cup of coffee.
2. Wake The Hell Up Coffee, Ultra-Caffeinated Single Serve Capsules For Keurig K-Cup
- Ultra-caffeinated: wake the hell up! provides an extra boost for the longer days, more intensive wor
- What makes it special: experience the original fan favorite. dark roasted to perfection for balance
- K-pod info: each cup contains 12 grams of fresh medium-dark roasted coffee with just the right amoun
- Our process: roasted in small batches to ensure you get the freshest coffee that money can buy. we a
- Our guarantee: 100% guaranteed. if you don't love our coffee, we'll make it right.
The art of subtlety is lost in the naming of this coffee. And it doesn’t care (nor should it)! The job of Wake The Hell Up Coffee is to deliver a kick that will, well, wake you the hell up. The ultra-caffeinated coffee performs pretty well on those points.
Wake The Hell Up is a medium-dark roasted coffee, with skilled roasting and excellent management. All pods are compatible with Keurig 1 and 2.0 brewers. The pods are somewhat expensive, so it loses some points in terms of value for money. When we talk of value, the larger availability of items is worth considering. Walmart carries a fairly good selection of K-cups, and they are worth browsing.
3. Black Rifle Coffee Rounds (CAF (Medium, 2x Caffeine))
- About this blend the only roast worthy of its name, caf delivers a high caffeine punch with a rich s
- Worlds best single serve coffee it doesnt matter if you are looking for variety packs or french roas
- Variety of roasts for every coffee loveryou need the freshest and strongest (or smoothest) coffee ar
- Bold flavor meets american convenience black rifle coffee rounds are the perfect way to conveniently
- proudly american & owned by veterans if youre looking for the worlds best coffee, get it from membe
Black Rifle Coffee Company follows an ammo theme for its products. They call their K cups “rounds” and even the box is designed like an ammunition box. Some K cups also include a bullet graphic on the lid marking where the pin (Keurig needle) strikes. You get it… the ammunition theme is strong with this one.
What else is strong is the caffeine content. The medium roast coffee has added caffeine, which makes it CAF (Caffeinated As F***). The coffee used is sourced from Brazil and Colombia, roasted to perfection, ground and packed into their K cups.
It’s quite a treat with its rich, smoky flavor and the strong caffeine kick. The bold flavor and packaging make quite a combo and an appealing mix.
Black Rifle Coffee Company is owned by veterans of the US Military. They say that a portion of the proceeds goes to support causes for veterans, first responders, and law enforcement officers.
4. Banned Coffee World’s Strongest Coffee
- Great taste and aroma. you will want to get out of bed just for the smell of this perfect medium/dar
- More "boost" than energy drinks but a lot healthier and a great natural source or vitamins, minerals
- Our next generation capsules are the ultimate in technology. the new capsule is #5 recyclable with a
- Our house blend uses the strongest most delicious selections of fresh arabica and robusta coffee bea
- Easy to order. try these super convenient single serve capsules.they are compatible with most single
A blend of robusta and arabica beans, Banned Coffee World’s Strongest Coffee is seriously high on caffeine. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if they’ve gone overboard with the caffeine touch. I’m no stranger to high-caffeine coffee, but sometimes this feels way too much.
On the other hand, if you still crave that big caffeine kick, these K cups should get your fix just fine. As a coffee with a notable robusta blend, they’ve been careful not to get on the bitter side, though they certainly do flirt with it.
The K cups claim to offer a higher “boost” than energy drinks, while also offering the health benefits of coffee. Speaking of health, do remember to watch that caffeine intake as well. Getting jitters or having your heart racing are not good signs.
Banned Coffee K Cups are made from #5 plastic, which is easily recyclable. This high-caffeine medium roast coffee is really something for when you want a big caffeine kick.
5. Glorybrew – The Noble – Extra Dark Roast
- 100 percent compostable** k cups alternative made entirely from bio-based materials more eco-frien
- Rainforest alliance certified guarantees sustainably grown and sourced beans without any additives
- Bpi certified the biodegradable products institute ensures that our pods meet the astm d6400 or d68
- Full compatibility works in single serve brewers / keurig machines* that accept k-cup pods*, includ
- Satisfaction guarantee we guarantee a product with superior taste over common plastic coffee pods f
Glorybrew from Gourmesso has an excellent series of K cup pods that highlight some seriously good coffee. If we were to anthropomorphize ‘The Noble’ this person would know what’s going on and exactly what they’re doing.
As a K cup, this one doesn’t fail to impress with an intense, full-bodied flavor. The extra dark roast has a low intensity and shows off a touch of chocolate. The coffee is 100% arabica, sourced from Central and South America.
Glorybrew says they pick only the premium beans, so you’ve got a blend from some of the most renowned coffee regions in the world.
Apart from being a gloriously strong coffee, this K cup has its eco-credentials covered as well. The coffee isn’t packed in plastic pods. It’s placed in a 100% compostable packaging. The lid and ring can be composted as well.
There’s another advantage to this. The compostable filter works better than the basic filter present in plastic K cups.
6. Hardcore Coffee Strong High Caffeine Cup Coffee
- Are you hardcore? hardcore coffee selects only premium usda organic coffee beans and we carefully da
- Strong organic coffee: our organic coffee beans are kosher certified and roasted in a certified safe
- Caution: work hard and play hard with the world's most intense coffee. hardcore coffee has double th
This strong and bold organic coffee has what it takes to be a brew that’s satisfying to your taste buds and the desire for strong coffee. Hardcore Coffee Strong High Caffeine Cup Coffee is a dark roast caffeinated coffee that’s full of flavor and taste.
The dark roast coffee is made exclusively from USDA certified organic beans. Plus, it claims to have twice the caffeine of the regular cuppa. I guess that’s what makes it so hardcore.
7. Napalm Coffee Extra Dark Roast
- You'll love the smell of napalm coffee in the morning
- 100 percent arabica coffee - our premium beans are carefully hand-selected and perfectly roasted, en
- Extra dark. extra bold. extra strong. as you lay there face down in a puddle of mud it will pick you
- Small-batch roasted in the usa
- Compatible with all keurig brewers, including keurig 2.0
Napalm Coffee Extra Dark Roast is made from arabica beans, allowing it to be deliciously flavorful. Of course, it’s caffeinated to get that touch of extra bold and extra strong brew that makes it so very likable.
The beans are sourced from South America and roasted to perfection. This gets them their deep and intense flavor, without crossing territory into the bitter side. I do wish there was more to the flavor – it does seem to lack an expected richness and depth.
However, it does the job of an intense taste and a good caffeine kick pretty well. If you’re looking for a pick-me-up and “give me a caffeine kick” brew, this is it!
8. Glorybrew – The Knight – Dark Roast
- 100 percent compostable k cups alternative - made entirely from bio-based materials - more eco-frien
- Rainforest alliance certified - guarantees sustainably grown and sourced beans without any additives
- Bpi certified - the purpod100tm means that no petroleum-based plastics are used in our glorybrew com
- Full compatibility - works in single serve brewers / keurig machines* that accept k-cup pods*, inclu
- Satisfaction guarantee - we guarantee a product with superior taste over common plastic coffee pods
Glorybrew says The Knight is the second strongest blend in their offerings; right on the heels of The Noble. The Knight is intense – strong and full-bodied. That’s a strong coffee you can love and enjoy.
As with its sibling, The Noble, the coffee for this K cup comes from premium beans chosen from Central and South America. The dark roast brew is rich in roasted notes and has a lovely aroma.
The Knight proudly displays its Rainforest Alliance certification as a mark of its commitment to the environment. That part also shows through with the use of 100% compostable K cups that are made from bio-based materials.
It’s worth noting that compostable K cups require industrial facilities for composting. You can’t just chuck the K cup in the home compost bin. If your city/community has an industrial composting facility, do yourself and the world a favor and say goodbye to plastic K cups.
9. illy K cup Pods Forte
- Illys distinctive blend of fine 100% arabica coffees with a smooth, rich and full-bodied taste. the
- Now enjoy the extraordinary taste of illy in the convenient format of a single-serve pod designed fo
- Roasted slightly longer to deliver an intense body.
- Compatible with all keurig k-cup brewers
- Sourced from the top 1% of arabica beans grown worldwide.
illy shows off the wonderful tradition of Italian coffee with these strong and flavorful K cups. The company has a long history of delivering great coffee, and they’ve kept up the reputation to this day.
Forte K cup coffee is sourced from the finest arabica coffee beans from around the world. Then the company creates this expert blend that’s impressively strong and delicious. It pretty much checks all the columns – the coffee has excellent taste, flavor, and aroma.
illy Forte is an extra dark roast that brews a rich and full-bodied cup of coffee. Taste notes of dark chocolate and an aroma of toasted bread mark this flavorful cuppa.
10. beaniac Organic Full On French Roast
beaniac Organic Full On French Roast has a strong flavor and a good take on the environment. This one isn’t crazy high on caffeine, but the strength of flavor and taste carries the day for this coffee.
This French roast premium blend has a lovely flavor profile that speaks to our expectations of strong coffee. A full-bodied brew with smoky undertones makes this a very enjoyable beverage.
What makes them better is the environmentally-friendly approach these K Cups take. The pods are made from plant-based material and are entirely compostable. You’ll need access to a commercial composter (can’t chuck these in the home compost bin). It’s not ideal, but it’s still way better than plastic pods.
These strong coffee K cups carry USDA Organic and Rainforest Alliance certifications. So it appears they have a good focus on sustainability. And that’s all something we can appreciate as we enjoy our strong K cup coffee cuppa guilt-free.
Quick Tips To Getting The Strongest Coffee From K-Cups
Get K Cups With Most Caffeine
Duh! Get the strongest K-cups to get the strongest coffee. Some of the K-cups listed here are high in caffeine, which should play a big role in knocking those socks right off. However, jumping to K cups with most caffeine, know that moderation is a virtue. Also, be sure that your health permits high-caffeine beverages.
Adjust Temperature To Highest On Your Keurig
The right water temperature for optimal coffee extraction is 195°F to 205°F. Most Keurigs do not go to this temperature. However, if you are using a Keurig 2.0, or some other model/series that allows you to customize water temperature, now’s your time to shine! I suggest going as high as possible to reach the aforementioned temperature range.
Preheat The Keurig
When I say preheat, I mean let your machine brew a cup. You don’t have to use a coffee pod, simply let the machine run to one clear, hot cup of water. This warms up the heater and you get a slightly stronger brew. As a positive side effect, your cup too will have been warmed by the water. So when the coffee falls into the empty but warm cup, it won’t lose its temperature.
Use Less Coffee Volume
The initial few ounces of coffee are decidedly stronger than the last couple of ounces pouring into the cup. Stop those ounces from watering down the cup! Remove the cup as the last two ounces fall, and there is a possibility of a stronger brew. I usually replace my cup with an empty one for the last few ounces. Mostly because I don’t fancy cleaning the drip tray after each cup of coffee.
Get Reusable K Cups
If pods aren’t doing the trick, get the best reusable K cups in the market to do the job. Fresh ground coffee beans of your choice ought to fare better at brewing a mean, strong cup of coffee.
Strongest High Caffeine K Cup FAQs
How much caffeine is in a Death Wish K cup?
There are about 58 milligrams of caffeine per ounce in a Death Wish K-cup. That’s a whopping 464mg caffeine in a standard 8 oz cup of coffee. Death Wish claims its coffee is about four times more potent than “regular” coffee.
What is the strongest Keurig coffee?
Amongst the K-cups listed on the Keurig website, the Green Mountain Double Black Diamond Extra Bold K-Cup is the strongest. This dark roast coffee has a high caffeine K cup and is great if you want a kick.
What is the strongest coffee?
Death Wish Coffee is the strongest available coffee. The company claims that its coffee is four times more potent than regular coffee available on the market.
What is the best K cup coffee?
Green Mountain Double Black Diamond Extra Bold K-Cup is the best K-cup coffee available. Those looking for more variety should give Tully’s Italian Roast a chance.
How much coffee do you put in a K cup?
An average K cup has 9 to 12 grams of coffee. Lighter roasts usually have 9-10 grams, while dark roast K cups have 12 grams. Some dark roasts go even higher and include about 14 grams of coffee.
Does Café Bustelo have more caffeine?
Café Bustelo has about 14 mg of caffeine per ounce. That’s a fairly conventional amount for a coffee to have. Though the authentic, full-bodied espresso made from Café Bustelo seems pretty strong and is delicious.
Strongest K Cup Coffee To Kickstart Your Day
A strong cup of coffee gives an excellent start to a day. But it’s not just the start, for a lot of us, the strong cup is what feels right and satisfying. The average K cup can be pretty bland in terms of strength. So it is only natural that we look at the strongest K cup coffee available for more satisfactory coffee and beverages. And hell, yeah, the caffeine kick! Remember not to hop up on too much caffeine!