Kona Coffee is a delicious coffee hailing from the Kona districts on the Big Island of Hawaii. One of the more expensive Gourmet Coffees in the world, Kona Coffee is much sought after. The best Kona Coffee K-Cups have that rich flavor and complex aroma known to win hearts and palates.
I say we can absolutely love this delicacy being available in the convenience of pods. We look at best Kona K-Cups available, and how you can be sure you’re getting the real deal, not some cheap knockoff.
Best Kona Pods In 2021
- Blue Horse Kona Coffee K Cups 100% Kona Coffee: Best Overall, with great taste, aroma, and practices for farming and processing coffee.
- 100% Kona Coffee Single Serve Cups By Hualalai Estate: Runner Up. Authentic taste and recyclable plastic pods.
- Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee K Cups Kona Classic: Excellent Blend with easy availability across retail chains and e-commerce platforms.
- 100 Ct. Solimo Medium Roast Coffee Pods, Kona Blend: Best value for money.
- Maud’s Kona Coffee Blend (Kona Coast), 100ct.: Good value for money, low acidity, single-origin, fair trade certified, and recyclable plastic pods.
- Caza Trail Coffee, Kona Blend: Good value, lovely aroma.
- San Francisco Bay OneCup, Kona Blend, Single Serve Coffee K-Cup Pods: Excellent taste, masterful blend, and compostable pods.
- Don Francisco’s Kona Blend: Good value for money.
- Cameron’s Coffee Single Serve Pods, Kona Blend: Compostable pods, and good value for money.
Buying The Right Kona Coffee Pods
What Are 100% Kona Coffee K Cups?
Many companies throw the name Kona in their marketing. Much of it can be misleading. Only coffee grown in the Kona Districts of the Big Island in Hawaii can be considered Kona.
The State of Hawaii has been trying to fight off the duplicates with the “100% Kona Coffee certification.” Of course, people have found a way around, especially with blends. Some diligence on the part of the customer can ensure they have the authentic product. Simple things like looking for the certification and checking for possible blends goes a long way.
Kona Coffee Blends
Kona is an expensive coffee, so blending it with other coffees is a way to reduce costs. Many of these blends use just about the minimum required 10% Kona, while other coffees fill up the rest.
Some companies and sellers also use the moniker 100% Kona Coffee in their blends, which represents only the rather small amount of original Kona used in the blend. This goes against the grain for the real 100% Kona Coffee packaging, where the entire coffee has been sourced from Hawaii.
It is worth noting that while Kona Coffee exclusively comes from Hawaii, not all Hawaii coffee is Kona. Similarly, though Kona is made from Arabica beans, the distinct flavor is by virtue of the region where it is grown.
9 Kona K-Cups Of Note
Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee Co. Kona Classic Single-Serve K-Cup Pods Compatible, Medium Roast, 10 Count
Amazon Brand – 100 Ct. Solimo Medium Roast Coffee Pods, Kona Blend, Compatible with Keurig 2.0 K-Cup Brewers
Maud’s Kona Coffee Blend (Kona Coast), 100ct. Solar Energy Produced Recyclable Single Serve Medium Dark Roast Kona Coffee Pods – 100% Arabica Coffee California Roasted, Kona K Cup Compatible
SF Bay Coffee OneCUP Kona Blend 36 Ct Medium Roast Compostable Coffee Pods, K Cup Compatible including Keurig 2.0 (Packaging May Vary)
Don Francisco’s Kona Blend (100 Count) Recyclable Single-Serve Coffee Pods, Compatible with Keurig K-Cup Brewers
1. Blue Horse Kona Coffee K Cups 100% Kona Coffee
- Our brand story: monumental volcanoes and lush, verdant steep slopes make kona, hawaii a special
- Authentic 100% hawaii kona: kona estate quality - made of finest premium kona coffee beans, grown in
- Farm-fresh & sustainable: our coffee is shade grown, handpicked, sun dried, and rainwater washed (me
- Classic roast: this slightly darker medium roast profile is our most popular classic roast and the
- Delicious taste: complex fragrant, floral notes with a lingering sweetness. aromatic, nut-like scent
- 2.0 compatible: for use in keurig compatible systems, including k-cup 2.0.
- 100% made in the usa: our kona coffee is 100% grown, handpicked, processed, and roasted in the usa.
- Highest quality: our farming and processing follows strict usda and hawaiian government legal quality
- Try a cup: blue horse 100% kona coffee comes highly rated by thousands of satisfied and loyal custom
Blue Horse is my top choice for the best Kona 100% Kona Coffee K cups. The coffee is grown on a family farm with a lot of attention to detail. The beans used are pesticide-free, ensuring that chemicals don’t alter the taste of the coffee.
Where taste is concerned, Blue Horse delivers authentic Kona coffee taste and aroma. It’s a lovely balance of bitter and sweet, while the aroma is complex and rich.
Beans used for these K cups are hand-picked, sun-dried, and rainwater-wasted. They pretty much follow the conventional way to deliver the taste and flavor that has made Kona coffee famous.
You’ll notice Blue Horse K-cups are expensive compared to several other gourmet coffees. Kona Coffee is expensive, and its blends that manage to reduce the price. Since this is 100% Kona, the price is pretty much in line.
2. 100% Kona Coffee Single Serve Cups By Hualalai Estate
Another offering of 100% pure Kona coffee K cups, Hualalai Estate K Cups presents a great flavor and taste. Each box includes 12 single-serve cups. The icing on the cake here is that the cups are recyclable. Rather than the plastic ending up in landfills, the cups may be put to better use.
Each K-cup includes 11 grams of coffee, which is one gram more than what convention cups hold. It’s a small change, but you get more coffee per cup and better taste.
The pesticide-free coffee is grown on the slopes of the Hualalai Volcano, which gives the estate its name. The medium-dark roast gives the coffee a great taste. It has excellent flavor and stops short of going bitter.
While the coffee tastes good, the cups sure could have been better quality. On some occasions, the coffee grounds find their way into the cup. That’s a rather annoying problem, considering the cost of the K cups.
3. Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee K Cups Kona Classic
- Hawaii's finest kona blend - one of the top selling kona blend brands in the united states. found in
- Taste the warmth of aloha - enjoy the smooth and unique taste of coffee from hawaii that will leave
- Made fresh in hawaii daily - every bean is roasted and packaged right here at our facility on oahu,
- Family owned - 2nd generation locally owned family coffee roaster in hawaii. no multinational parent
Hawaiian Isles Kona Coffee K Cups Kona Classic is widely available and fairly well known. The sellers proudly declare that this Kona blend can be seen in several retail chains, including Walmart and Walgreens. It is perhaps the most easily accessible Kona coffee blend available at a store near you.
Kona Classic is a medium roast, expected to be suitable for most people. The coffee used is packaged at their facility in Oahu. As a blend, these K cups do include Kona Coffee, though the cups contain Arabica beans sourced from all over the world.
Though it offers excellent taste, do keep in mind, this is a blend. Kona Coffee forms about 10% of the mix, while other beans take up the rest. This is true for most blends, and worth noting since they form a majority of products available in this niche.
4. 100 Ct. Solimo Medium Roast Coffee Pods, Kona Blend
- 100 - 10% kona blend coffee pods
- Blend of select coffees from kona moku on the big island of hawaii and latin america
- Delicate body, vibrant acidity and a soft, subtle aroma
- Mild sweetness with a smooth, balanced finish
- Compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 k-cup brewers
- Satisfaction guarantee: we're proud of our products. if you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for a
- An amazon brand
Solimo is an Amazon company that is geared towards offering excellent value. And this product does exactly that. Solimo Kona Coffee blend uses 10% Kona, and the rest of the beans are sourced from Latin America. The pods are compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 K-cup brewers.
Solimo claims that the coffee has a “Delicate body, vibrant acidity and a soft, subtle aroma”. It is smooth and has a balanced flavor. Keep in mind, that this coffee is geared towards value, rather than taste. Each K cup costs mere cents and a box of 100 cups costs barely more than 10 cups of 100% Kona Coffee.
That isn’t to say that this coffee is terrible to taste or drink. But if you want a taste of Kona, this isn’t it. To their credit, the Solimo medium roast coffee pods can stand their ground against other blends.
5. Maud’s Kona Coffee Blend (Kona Coast), 100ct.
- Roast profile - maud's kona coast blend coffee is a rich medium roast with a smooth heavy body. this
- 100% arabica kona coffee - we use only high quality 100% arabica coffee including organic and fair
- California roasted & 100% solar energy produced - on their way to your cup, our flavorful beans also
- Single servings - designed for use with nearly all single serve coffee makers and keurig kcup compatible
- 100% recyclable kona coffee pods - our kona coffee pods are made from recyclable #5 plastic material
Another blend with great value, Maud’s Kona Coffee Blend (Kona Coast) employs premium beans to great effect. The coffee is a blend of 10% Kona and 90% Arabica beans sourced from other parts of the world.
The beans used are single-origin, Fair Trade Certified, while the pods are made from #5 recyclable plastic. It is a medium roast designed to satisfy most palates, and it does help that the coffee is flavorful. Maud’s Kona blend has an undertone of chocolate-nutty flavor and balances the bitter and sweet aspects pretty well. The low acidity of the blend adds another feather in its cap.
Maud’s Kona coffee blend is available in a box containing 100 pods, all compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0.
6. Caza Trail Coffee, Kona Blend
- Blend of select coffees from kona moku on the big island of hawaii and latin america
- Delicate body, vibrant acidity and a soft, subtle aroma call sundrenched tropical flora to mind
- Convenient for busy mornings or when you need an on-the-go treat
- Kosher certified
- Single serve cups compatible with all 1.0 & 2.0 brewers
Caza Trail’s Kona blend uses coffee from Hawaii and Latin America to go along its 10% Kona coffee. A blend of Arabica beans, this is a medium roast aimed at pleasing most people. The kosher-certified K-cups are compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 brewers.
A wonderful aroma accompanies each cup of coffee. As for taste, it is somewhat balanced with flowery undertones. The seller says that this coffee has a “vibrant” acidity. It makes an excellent contribution to the flavor and body of the coffee. However, if you’re looking for a coffee with low acidity, this certainly isn’t it.
Overall, it does taste better than expected. Certainly nowhere close to 100% Kona, but a delicious blend nevertheless.
7. San Francisco Bay OneCup, Kona Blend, Single Serve Coffee K-Cup Pods
- Kona blend: this delicious blend combines coffee beans from the kona district of the big island & certified
- Keurig compatible: designed for use with k cup style single serve brewers including keurig 2.0. sf
- Eco-friendly, commercially compostable: onecup pods, including the outer bag and one-way coffee
- Quality coffee: san francisco bay coffee uses only 100% arabica coffee and certified kosher coffee
- Sf bay coffee is a family owned, american made company with a rich tradition. our reputation reflect
A delicious Kona blend in environmentally responsible pods, the San Francisco Bay OneCup certainly leaves an impression. It’s specially designed pods are compatible with Keurig, Bunn, and Cuisinart single-serve brewer. Now that’s quite a healthy variety of coffee makers at your disposal!
Pods used are commercially compostable, making them environmentally friendly compared to the usual fare of plastic pods. The pods have a paper lidding, mesh filter, and a plant-based ring.
San Francisco Bay OneCup Kona blend uses premium coffee for its blend to add to the flavor. The company ensures that the coffee is responsibly sourced, apart from being delicious. They are known to pick coffee beans grown in a 100% shaded environment, for better flavored coffee. Overall, these pods bring a satisfying and tasty cup of coffee.
8. Don Francisco’s Kona Blend
- Balanced, mellow, floral aroma: 10% kona coffee blended with premium arabica beans, an excellent cup
- Quality in every cup: feel good about putting our 100% arabica coffee into your coffee maker, knowin
- Our family reserve, served in pods: taste the storied quality and flavor of don franciscos family re
- Sustainably minded. coffee driven: don franciscos coffee is committed to providing premium coffee wi
- Family crafted coffee since 1870: inspired by four generations of expertise, weve carried on the leg
- Our roasting facility operates at the highest standards as we adhere and comply with gmp (good manuf
Don Francisco’s Kona Blend offers excellent value and strives to marry it with taste. The medium roast blend is made using medium roast Arabica beans sourced from around the world. The combination creates a coffee that has subtle fruity notes for taste and a lovely floral aroma.
Interestingly, the company has been a family-run business since 1870. As a long-running family business, they certainly have put pains into ensuring the quality and value of their product.
9. Cameron’s Coffee Single Serve Pods, Kona Blend
- Quick and easy: six, 12 count boxes of 12 hawaiian blend single serve, compostable, coffee pods. cam
- Rich and flavorful: this bright hawaiian blend is a truly unique coffee with hints of chocolate and
- The future of coffee: were proud to be one of the few north american coffee manufacturers with import
- Better for the earth: camerons pods use a real coffee filter, not a plastic cup. certified compostab
- Works at home or the office: compatible with keurig 2.0 for a great coffee experience.
Cameron’s Coffee Single Serve Pods beautifully match the value-for-money proposition with environmental sustainability. The pods are commercially compostable. As long as you have access to a facility that can handle these pods, you can be sure they won’t see a landfill.
The pods have paper lidding and a mesh filter. As you can imagine, the mesh filter works better for taste than the conventional plastic cups that are widely used.
As for the blend itself, the taste is fairly good. Made from premium coffee, Cameron’s Kona blend has a rich aroma and the taste has undertones of chocolate and nuts.
Choosing The Right Pods
Finding the best Kona Coffee K-cups is an exercise in several factors, including your personal choice. As an expensive gourmet coffee, you may prefer to consider costs and choose blends over 100% Kona coffee. Of course, quality and value for money make for compelling arguments as well. I have listed the products above in the hope that they will be helpful in making an informed decision. Included are most factors generally considered, ranging from cost to proper disposal of the cups – and everything in between.