Apart from delivering delicious coffee, your Keurig can be used to create other amazing beverages. Best hot chocolate pods deserve to be right there at the top. Perhaps it’s a notch lower than coffee, but that cup of hot cocoa is as welcome as a cup of coffee.
With the convenience of Keurig, all it takes is to have the right K-cup at hand. We look at the best Keurig hot chocolate pods to pick for the next beverage.
My Top Hot Chocolate K Cups
- Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa
- Café Escapes Hot Cocoa, Dark Chocolate
- Brooklyn Beans Hot Chocolate Variety Pack Pods
- Mountain High All Natural Hot Chocolate K Cups 2.0
- Grove Square Hot Cocoa, Milk Chocolate
- Crazy Cups Seasonal Premium Hot Chocolate Keurig K Cup Brewers Variety Pack
- Brooklyn Beans Mexican Chocolate Hot Cocoa Pods
- Junior Mints Chocolate Mint Hot Cocoa Pods
- Two Rivers Chocolate Hot Cocoa Sampler Pack
- Crazy Cups, Molten Chocolate Souffle Caffeinated Hot Chocolate
- Double Donut Hot Chocolate
- Starbucks Classic Hot Cocoa K-Cup for Keurig Brewers
- Pingo Single-Cup Hot Cocoa for Keurig K-Cup Brewers
- Amazon Brand Solimo Hot Cocoa Pods, Milk Chocolate Flavored
- Victor Allen Coffee, Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Single Serve Cups
Quick Guide To Choosing The Best Hot Chocolate K Cups
Choose Rich Cocoa
How rich should your cocoa be? Preferably richer than Richie Rich! A rich flavor is what enhances the drink, and makes hot chocolate awesome. The best hot cocoa k cups will be rich and have a good consistency.
Cheaper brands and blends often produce watery drinks. Those can feel more like chocolate flavored hot water, and less like a nice, hot cup of cocoa.
Watching The Calories And Sugar
A rich, full-bodied hot chocolate is also going to have a decent amount of calories. I’ve tried to keep the selection listed here at under 80 calories per K-cup. However, the best advice I can offer here is to look at the nutrition label before you buy. Something in the neighborhood of 60-70 calories should be acceptable.
Of course, if you are looking at calories, sugar should be on your radar too. Some K-cups are sugar-free, but many of those end up using synthetic sugar instead. I prefer my sugar-free to include being “free” of synthetic sugar.
However, that’s easier said than done. Again, it’s best to read the nutrition label and make sure that sugar-free cocoa isn’t just a bundle of synthetic sugar.
In many cases, picking organic hot chocolate K cups can be a viable and excellent choice. By definition, these without artificial ingredients.
A plus side of picking these is that I don’t have to worry about pesticides or similar chemicals used in other parts of the world making way into my hot chocolate.
15 Best Hot Chocolate K Cups — Reviews
Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Keurig Single-Serve K Cup Pods, 44Count, Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa, 44Count, Blue
Crazy Cups Flavored Hot Chocolate Pods, Hot Chocolate Variety Pack, Single Serve Hot Chocolate for K Cups Brewers, Hot Cocoa in Recyclable Pods, 40 Count
Tootsie Roll Junior Mints Hot Cocoa Pods, Compatible with Keurig K Cup Brewers, Perfect Peppermint Hot Chocolate Gift, Candy Junior Mints Hot Cocoa, 40 Count
TWO RIVERS COFFEE Chocolate Pods, Single Serve Variety Sampler Pack Compatible with 2.0 Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Assorted- Hot, Cocoa, 40 Count (Pack of 1)
Double Donut Hot Chocolate, Classic Chocolate, Single Serve Hot Chocolate for Keurig K Cups Machines, Hot Cocoa in Recyclable Pods, 24 Count
1. Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa
- Taste of real in every wholesome sip
- Cool blend of peppermint flavor and creamy chocolate
- Contains milk
- Compatible with keurig k-cup pod single-serve coffee makers
Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa is pretty much the classic hot chocolate for the Keurig. It’s acceptably rich, carefully crafted, and tastes great. To create this cup of hot chocolate, milk is first dried and then blended with premium cocoa.
The careful use of ingredients gives it a great taste and is pretty much a hallmark of this brand. The company suggests shaking the pod a bit before you place it into the Keurig.
One downside I think these pods have is the use of artificial sweetener. It’s a way to reduce calories, and it ends up sacrificing taste. Overall, I consider this a nice, rich cup of hot chocolate with good value for money.
2. Café Escapes Hot Cocoa, Dark Chocolate
- Deeply decadent. decidedly dark. definitely delicious
- Contains milk
- Caffeine content less than 10mg
Dark, delicious, and rich bodied, the Café Escapes Hot Cocoa is the hot chocolate you’ll love. It has some sugar, though that’s more for balancing the bitter rather than for adding sweetness. As you can see, this isn’t the hot chocolate for kids, but it’s a rather fine cup for adults to enjoy.
Café Escapes Hot Cocoa dark chocolate is free of trans-fat and gluten. The pods are compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 systems and can work with Keurig-compatible systems as well. You get about 60 calories per K-cup, which is a fairly good number.
Of course, this is assuming you don’t add any other ingredients. Whipped cream can add quite a large number of calories, and this rich drink seems very inviting for a topping of whipped cream.
3. Brooklyn Beans Hot Chocolate Variety Pack Pods
- A warm cup of hot cocoa is one of life's simple pleasures, but this pack is anything but simple. 6
- This hot chocolate variety pack contains an assortment of 6 brooklyn bean hot cocoa flavors including
- Studies say chocolate contains chemicals called dopamine and phenyl ethylamine which release certain
- Brooklyn beans hot cocoa are made with the finest premium cocoa beans. you'll taste the difference
- Brooklyn beans pods are compatible with 2.0 keurig k-cup makers. brooklyn beans roastery is not
The ability to conveniently switch pods and move to more flavors and varieties has been the biggest draw towards Keurig. So, I think we wouldn’t be doing hot chocolate pods right if variety packs are ignored! Brooklyn Beans Hot Chocolate Variety Pack is one of the best available.
More so, because every flavor included is delicious by itself, so there’s no need to worry about accidentally picking up the wrong cup. The classic variety pack includes 40 pods, spread across six flavors.
I’d have preferred 36 k-cups spread across the six flavors, so the pack was balanced – as everything should be (intense Thanos glare).
The six flavors included are classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate, spicy Mexican, caramel, peanut butter, and marshmallow. While the flavors may stay a matter of personal taste, the cocoa itself is rich and well-flavored. Definitely worth a shot!
4. Mountain High All Natural Hot Chocolate K Cups 2.0
- 60 milk chocolate mountain high all natural hot chocolate - 2.0 compatible single serve cups
- All natural / premium ingredients / premium cocoa / real natural sugar / nothing artificial
- Creamy & delicious - great for the whole family to enjoy!
- Mountain high coffee customer satisfaction guarantee: at mountain high we take enormous pride in
Smooth, velvety, and full-bodied, the Mountain High All Natural Hot Chocolate K Cups are an amazing pick. I like that these are made entirely from all-natural ingredients, including sugar and non-fat milk. On the downside, that gives it a calorie count of 80 calories. On the upside, it’s wonderfully delicious!
The pods are compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 and are recyclable. I must add, though recyclable, the pods are still plastic. In any case, it’s still a great move and the added environmental-friendliness is certainly welcome.
5. Grove Square Hot Cocoa, Milk Chocolate
- Grove square hot cocoa: step into a sensory adventure and enjoy this delicious treat filled with in
- Perfect blend: holds the perfect amount of cocoa and milk for luxuriously deep flavor and smooth
- On-the-go treat: enjoy a cup of sunshine with our steaming cup of milk chocolate cocoa that takes you
- Single serve cups: have your senses come alive as you hunt down your favorite flavor with our single
- Kosher certified: uncover a treasure trove of the finest varieties and aromas from around the world
Grove Square Hot Cocoa, Milk Chocolate has a classic hot chocolate taste and offers excellent value for money. Designed to be compatible with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0, this hot cocoa is certified kosher.
The pods include non-fat dried milk and artificial sweeteners. The latter is a downside but it is pretty much inescapable for products that focus on value for money. Creamy smoothness of the beverage is a welcome sight, and the taste is pretty good.
6. Crazy Cups Seasonal Premium Hot Chocolate Keurig K Cup Brewers Variety Pack
- Enjoy over 10 unique flavored decaf coffees in recyclable cups- including our very popular death by
- Crazy cups single serve cups are recyclable and contain an average of 35 percent more coffee in each
- All crazy cups flavored coffees contain no gluten or lactose, and are vegan, kosher and par eve
- Crazy cups artisan roasted flavored specialty coffee use natural and artificial flavorings in recycl
- For use with the keurig k cups brewers. keurig, and k cups are registered trademarks of green mountain
The variety pack puts together some of the excellent flavors from Crazy Cups. According to the description, the pack contains “more than” six unique flavors, and is certified kosher.
While the individual flavors are fairly good, I find the non-committal language to be a bit iffy. There is a risk of getting a very unbalanced variety pack.
As in, a couple of k-cups for a few flavors, and many k-cups of 1-2 flavors. To be fair, that is a rare occurrence.
The draw here is the rich variety of flavors. Most of these flavors work very well and there won’t be a cause for complaint. As a negative, the underlying cocoa could use some richness, the beverages can be rather watery.
7. Brooklyn Beans Mexican Chocolate Hot Cocoa Pods
- A warm cup of hot cocoa is one of life's simple pleasures, but this freshly spicy sweet mexican chocolate
- Since cocoa as a drink was first prepared in mexico its fitting to bring a little south-of-the-borde
- Studies say chocolate contains chemicals called dopamine and phenyl ethylamine which release certain
- Brooklyn beans hot cocoa k-cups are made with the finest premium cocoa beans. you'll taste the diffe
- Brooklyn bean roastery pods are compatible with most keurig k-cup makers, including 2.0 brewers.
- Allergen information: gluten_free
Mexican Chocolate Hot Cocoa Pods are an excellent flavor from the Brooklyn Beans Variety pack we saw above on this list.
The Mexican “spice” flavor (mostly cinnamon and chilies) works rather well with the cocoa and gives the hot chocolate a great feel. It also fairs very well in terms of the richness and texture of the drink.
8. Junior Mints Chocolate Mint Hot Cocoa Pods
- Junior mints hot cocoa has the dark chocolaty taste you crave with a fresh burst of mint you'll love
- Enjoy this awesome lineup of hot cocoa based off of iconic chocolate brands. each cup brews a perfect
- Craving the flavors of smooth peppermint and indulgent dark chocolate in one warm and comforting cup
- Contains 40 junior mint chocolate mint hot cocoa pods.
- Candy flavored hot chocolate pods are compatible with keurig k-cup brewers. keurig green mountain in
A dark chocolate taste topped with a burst of fresh mint makes the Junior Mints Chocolate Mint Hot Cocoa Pods quite a delicacy. The underlying hot cocoa is creamy, but I find it preferable to go the extra mile.
Brewing the hot chocolate on a lower setting. Another good trick is to remove the cup before the last couple of ounces of water makes its way to your beverage. These are overall good tricks for getting stronger beverages (coffee or hot chocolate) from your Keurig.
The best part of this hot chocolate is the flavor. It goes very well with cocoa, and the texture feels great.
9. Two Rivers Chocolate Hot Cocoa Sampler Pack
- Contains the largest hot cocoa variety available! over 16 different flavors. individual flavors may
- Get wrapped in velvety, creamy deliciousness with this hot cocoa sampler box. no two flavors are
- Two rivers coffee sampler packs allows you to enjoy an assortment of beverages without buying so man
- Compatible with 2.0 keurig k-cup brewer.
- Two rivers coffee is not affiliated or endorsed by keurig dr pepper. keurig dr pepper, keurig, k-cup
Two Rivers Chocolate Hot Cocoa Sampler Pack is one I can include simply because every single flavor on offer is delicious. Of course, taste for individual flavors remains a personal preference, but this pack handles things effectively.
The well-curated sampler pack includes several of the much-loved hot cocoa k-cups, including several that you’ll find on this list. As such, each K-cup (and brand) included in this pack offers rich, full-bodied hot chocolate that we all know and love!
10. Crazy Cups, Molten Chocolate Souffle Caffeinated Hot Chocolate
- This caffeinated hot chocolate offers 100 mg of caffeine for that extra boost to keep you going while
- Crazy cups single serve cups have been carefully engineered and verified to work in all k cup brewer
- Crazy cups premium hot chocolates single serve cups contain 15g of cocoa and are enriched with amazi
- Our hot cocoas are dairy. they are certified kosher by the crc. see label image for other dietary and
- For use with the keurig k-cups brewers. keurig, and k cups are registered trademarks of green mountain
Did someone say caffeinated hot chocolate? Count me in! This full-bodied hot chocolate is accompanied by the kick of 100mg caffeine per k-cup. That’s a decent amount of caffeine.
Bottom line: the combination is quite welcoming, and makes for a great cup. The Molten Chocolate Souffle Caffeinated Hot Chocolate is also included in the Crazy Cups Variety pack, which we also see on this list.
11. Double Donut Hot Chocolate
- Premium hot cocoa pods: indulge in dreamy milk chocolate with our flavored hot chocolate pods. brew
- Classic hot cocoa: enjoy the creamy decadent flavors that make up this classic hot cocoa. this dark
- Quality ingredients: each of our hot chocolate pods are made with premium chocolate. our hot chocolate
- Eco-friendly: double donut flavored hot chocolate single serve pods for keurig k cups machines are
- Coffee pods for keurig coffee makers: our kerigue coffee pods are compatible with any coffee machine
Seemingly innocuous, but surprisingly creamy, the Double Donut Hot Chocolate has my vote. It tastes delicious, and the classic hot chocolate k-cup works wonderfully.
On a note of personal preference, while the conventional wisdom would be to pick the 8 oz setting, I’ll suggest picking 6 oz for a more creamy brew. It’s not bad at 8 oz either, but I find 6 oz to be the definition of perfection!
The pods work with Keurig 2.0 and 1.0 systems. The plastic pods are recyclable, so be sure to do your bit for the environment.
12. Starbucks Classic Hot Cocoa K-Cup for Keurig Brewers
- Premium cocoa in a k-cupstarbucks delivers exceptional hot cocoa cup after cup with hot cocoa60
- Hot cocoaa cozy cup of starbucks hot cocoa makes for a rich, delectable treat for the holidays, winter
- Fresh tastestarbucks adheres to the highest quality standardsshipping you the same carefully roasted
- Make it your ownthe perfect everyday cup, starbucks coffee is great for adding personal touches of
- Subscribe and saveadd the convenience of automatic delivery and save up to 15% off your favorite
- Sustainably sourcedstarbucks is committed to 100% ethical coffee sourcing in partnership with
Starbucks Classic Hot Cocoa is the brand’s take on the classic hot chocolate. And it does so amazingly well. It’s rich, it’s creamy, it’s smooth, and yes, it’s priced higher than most other hot chocolate k-cups.
While we may find a reason to gripe over cost and the Starbucks brand, there isn’t much to criticize the hot chocolate. It’s delicious, plain and simple. Starbucks has a wide variety of hot chocolate and other k-cups available. And herein lies my real problem – there’s no white hot chocolate k-cup!
Word to the wise: when you are buying such products from Amazon, it’s best to look at the seller. A reputed, trusted seller is who you want, not some shady seller trying to move old stock.
13. Pingo Single-Cup Hot Cocoa for Keurig K-Cup Brewers
- Delicious hot chocolate made with real cocoa
- Fun flavors are perfect for a quick treat
- Each cup brews a perfect individual serving (8 ounce setting recommended)
- All of the ingredients in pingo brand cocoas do not contain gluten. tree nut and peanut free. kosher
- Keurig compatible including 2.0 k-cup brewers
Pingo’s hot chocolate is gluten-free, certified Kosher, and tree nut and peanut-free. It’s also a delicious brew. I’d prefer if it were more rich, but I guess the good taste hides the weakness that is the texture.
Forgive its tendency to be watery, and you have an excellent cup of hot chocolate. Or, just use the 6 oz setting and other tricks I mentioned above to get a richer brew.
14. Amazon Brand Solimo Hot Cocoa Pods, Milk Chocolate Flavored
- 100 dark roast coffee pods
- Blend of select coffees from latin america, africa and indonesia
- Full-bodied coffee with a hearty punch but mild acidity for a smooth finish
- 100% arabica coffee
- Compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 k-cup brewers
- Satisfaction guarantee: we're proud of our products. if you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for a
- An amazon brand
Amazon’s Solimo brand has its USP in great products at a good value. That’s exactly where this hot chocolate k-cup lands. It is creamy, though I would prefer it to be richer. The pods contain dried milk and artificial sweeteners.
If you prefer to avoid artificial sweeteners, it’s perhaps better to steer clear of this one. There is a clear taste of artificial sweeteners in the cup. Overall though, the flavor and taste of the hot chocolate are fairly pleasing, despite the mentioned downsides.
15. Victor Allen Coffee, Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Single Serve Cups
- Count: includes 42 single serve k-cup coffee pods
- 100% gluten free and non-gmo - our coffee products do not contain gluten or genetically modified
- Brand story: since 1979 victor allen has been proud to bring you high-quality, roaster-fresh perfect
- Selection: victor allen offers a wide selection of coffee choices from light, medium and dark roasts
- Compatability: for use in all single serve brewing systems, including keurig 2.0
- Single serve coffee pods for keurig k-cup brewers. keurig is a registered trademark of keurig green
A combination of good value and good taste, the Victor Allen Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa does pretty well. It does well on flavor and value, but quite like other budget hot chocolate K-cups, there is a tendency to turn watery.
Though to be fair, it isn’t that much of a deal-breaker, especially as a value pack. I’d say the real downside is its reliance on artificial sweeteners, which make their presence felt and known. In terms of value, this is good hot chocolate. It could do better with taste.
The Best Of Keurig Hot Chocolate
The boon of Keurig is the convenience and the sheer number of options, flavors, and varieties available. It can also be a bit of a drawback. Looking for the best hot chocolate k cups can feel like finding a needle in a haystack.
I hope the products and reviews listed here will help you make the choice, or at least narrow it down to manageable levels.