How To Make Espresso Brownie: A Quick Recipe
Are you a fan of coffee and chocolate? Well, this sweet treat will give you the best-tasting
experience of coffee and chocolate in one. Have you heard of espresso brownies? Yes, they’re
brownies loaded with ground espresso for your daily dose of caffeine. Imagine the bittersweet
taste in every bite that will surely make you feel alive.
This sweet treat is best for those who limit their coffee intake but still crave its taste. The
chocolatey taste will overpower the amount of coffee, limiting the caffeine in your body. Also,
for those people who cannot go through a day without a caffeine shot, this sweet treat is the
best snack for you during your break time.
Fun Facts About Espresso Brownies
The first person who experimented with coffee in brownies must be a genius to develop a
delectable dessert. Here are some fun facts you should know about these delicious baked
· The espresso in your brownie enhances the chocolate flavor. The rich taste of your
espresso tricks you into tasting darker chocolate without letting you taste the coffee.
· You can experiment with different amounts of coffee in your brownies.
· You can use instant coffee powder in the absence of espresso powder.
· You can use a small amount of strong cold brew coffee for your recipe’s liquid portion.
· Caffeine in espresso brownies is not “stronger.”
· You don’t need to refrigerate brownies. Put the brownies in an airtight container and
leave them at room temperature so they don’t get crumby. This will keep your brownies
moist and fresh for another few days.
Now that we know a little bit about these goodies, let’s try baking them.
Espresso Brownie Recipe
Who would not be excited to taste this delicious combo? There are lots of pastry shop that sells
espresso brownie, but you can make your version of this treat. Do not worry because this is
very easy to make. Enjoy every bite in the comfort of your home with this espresso brownie
recipe! What are you waiting for now? Gather all the ingredients and share this with your
● 1 and ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
● ¼ teaspoon of salt
● 2 and ½ tablespoon of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
● 340.20 grams of semi-sweet chocolate (roughly chopped)
● 1 cup of unsalted butter (make sure to cut into smaller cubes)
● 1 and ½ tablespoon of espresso powder (instant espresso powder will do, but if you will
do grinding of espresso beans, the better.)
● 2 cups of granulated sugar
● 5 eggs (make sure that it is room temperature and lightly beaten.)
● 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
● 2 cups of chocolate chunks
Step 1 – Preheat the oven, 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2 – Prepare the 9×13 pan and place the parchment paper. Make sure to spray the
parchment paper and any part of the exposed pan with non-stick baking spray. You can also use
a small amount of butter as an alternative. Set aside.
Step 3 – Prepare the flour, salt, and cocoa powder, then combine it in a medium mixing bowl.
Whisk it properly, then set it aside.
Step 4 – Prepare a saucepan of simmering water. Mix the semi-sweet chocolate, espresso
powder, and butter in a large bowl and place it in the saucepan. Make sure to melt the
chocolate and butter.
Step 5 – Turn off the heat but keep the bowl at the saucepan’s top and then add sugar. Whisk
and make sure to combine it thoroughly. Remove the bowl from the saucepan to ensure that
the mixture is at room temperature.
Step 6 – Prepare the pan, then pour the batter. Make sure that the top part is smooth. Bake for
30-35 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through its baking time and ensure to bake the brownie
Step 7 – Let your brownie cool completely, then lift it together with the parchment paper. Slice
it into squares or whatever shape you want using a brownie cutter or molder.
Tips for a Good Espresso Brownie
● Make sure to grind your espresso beans for the best and most flavorful espresso
● Make sure to use the best, high-quality chocolate brand for your recipe.
● Avoid using chocolate chips because it will affect your espresso brownie’s taste and
● Do not overbake your brownies. You might get worried that the center of your brownie
is not that firm. All you need to do is to allow your brownie to cool completely. Your
brownies will get firm as they cool.
● Allow your brownies to cool completely before slicing. Let it sit in the pan for two hours
before doing the next step.
Brownie Presentation Ideas
Now that you have the perfect espresso brownie recipe in place, it’s time to look at some fun
ways to enhance your brownie presentation. Whether it’s a family treat or a gift, some colorful
sprinkles will catch their attention.
· Make sugar patterns on your brownies using stencils. You can even go a step further by
personalizing designs for themed parties!
· Add some peanut butter frosting for taste and a crispy chocolate ganache for texture.
· Add some fun sprinkles to your brownies.
· Double the frosting for that extra chocolatey kick.
· Experiment with mint marshmallow so it’ll taste like your favorite Christmas peppermint
· Conceal the brownies as cupcakes and bring non-brownie lovers to the fold.
· Instead of brownie bites, try making a big espresso brownie tart for parties.
· Make chocolate dipped espresso brownies on popsicle sticks. Don’t forget the sprinkles
· Bake brownies in a different pan so you can get different shapes and sizes. You can even
bake it in an ice cream bowl, so you can easily top it off with some vanilla ice cream.
Two flavors in one treat! Who would not love that? Indulge the rich-chocolate taste and strong
flavor of your espresso in every bite. Since some people are not allowed to eat either chocolate
or any caffeinated products, make sure that you know the ingredients first to avoid harming
Also, limit yourself from overeating espresso brownies because it may still cause
palpitation and other side effects due to its caffeine ingredient. As much as you want to eat and
enjoy, make sure to monitor your food intake because too much is bad for your body.
Want to know the best cookie cooling rack? Check out Bellacupcakecouture.com.